Wednesday, October 28, 2009

692 Review

For the most part, I took this class because I was in need of one credit. I had very low expectations, and thought, "well, it can't hurt with my thesis coming up". On the contrary, this class has been one of the most beneficial courses I have taken. While a couple of the things we covered I feel like I came in with a good handle on, such as blogs, video/audio recording, many of the others I had never heard of, or knew that something existed but had not had the chance to look into them (bibliography managers, survey websites, etc.). Zotero has been the most exciting thing I have encountered through the class. I had been using Refworks, but in no way did I find it as easy and useful. I very much appreciated the respect that was given when I did already feel comfortable with something that was given, and at the same time feel comfortable asking questions and did not feel talked down to when something was confusing (like the goof-up regarding the video materials). Overall, very positive!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Emelie! It was great having you in class. Good luck with your doc program applications!

    ReplyDelete